Healing After Hardship
Hope can be hard to find in times of prolonged stress, illness, loss, struggle or tragedy.
Healing from hardship is not just a matter of changing your thoughts – if it was you’d have done it already. And it’s not a matter of “toughening up” or “pushing through” – you’ve done that already too.
Healing from hardship requires a different approach and that is the journey we are embarking on.
A journey that is a compassionate, intentional and effective healing process full of support, tools, guidance and information that will make a real and positive impact to your healing and recovery from the personal hardship you have faced.
Healing is a process. And with the right approach it is possible and ALWAYS worth it. Good things will come from this healing process. You will find peace, clarity, strength, comfort, reassurance, insight and restored hope. You will learn new pathways to emotional, mental, physical and energetic healing, comfort and support all in a safe, relaxed and nurturing environment with a small group of like-minded and intended amazing people.
Healing After Hardship is a 4 Session In-Person Group Class providing practical, proven, common-sense support, tools and guidance to help you heal and find your way beyond difficult times and challenges. You will emerge from this experience with greater self-knowledge, compassion and understanding that will support and guide you going forward to better days and times ahead. You will be equipped and empowered to go forward into a new future of your own design, no longer controlled by your hardship but consciously controlling your past and creating your future.
This class and the material presented will meet you where you are and all progress is within your control at your own pace and comfort and always for your greatest good.
Healing After Hardship is for you if you have experienced hardship due to:
- Persistent Relationship Problems
- Estrangement from Family
- Intense Shaming or Guilt
- Ongoing Conflict
- Job Loss
- Extreme Loneliness
- Loss of a Loved One
- Financial Struggle
- Illness or a Diagnosis
- Occupational Conflict, Dissatisfaction or Struggle
- Abuse or Violence
- Pro-longed Stress
- Life Transition such as Retirement, Empty Nest or Grown Children Returning Home
Or Maybe You Are Caring For Someone Who Is:
- Financially Dependent on You
- Emotionally or Physically Draining or Dependent on You
Or maybe you have not experienced any of the above but you still feel sad, angry, afraid, overburdened, confused and empty for no clear reason at all.
If it has been emotionally, physically, mentally and energetically hard for you, then it is a hardship. If it has taken its toll and left you stressed, emotionally, physically and mentally depleted and feeling like you’re not yourself and that you lack the consistent energy to bounce back — it is time to be supported to Heal After Hardship.
Recognize the Effects of Hardship
Emotional symptoms of stress due to hardship include:
- Becoming easily agitated, frustrated, anxious and moody
- Being reactive, short-tempered and impatient
- Feeling overwhelmed, like you’re losing control or that you need to have control
- Difficulty relaxing and calming your mind
- Becoming emotional and crying easily
- Feeling insecure, critical or bad about yourself – low self-esteem, lonely, worthless, depressed
- Avoiding others
- Feel alone in your struggle
- Feel hopeless at times
- Become disheartened easily
Physical symptoms of stress due to hardship include:
- Lethargy and low energy
- Easily exhausted
- Upset stomach/Nausea
- Sudden sweating
- Racing Heart
- Tense muscles, body aches, pains or stiffness
- Trouble sleeping/insomnia
- Frequent colds and infections
- Loss of sexual desire and/or ability
- Nervousness and shaking
- Cold or clammy hands and feet
- Dry mouth or persistent feeling of lump in throat
- Tense jaw and/or teeth grinding
- Ringing in the ear
- Hair loss
Mental symptoms of stress due to hardship include:
- Constant worrying
- Racing thoughts
- Forgetfulness and disorganization
- Inability to focus
- Poor judgement
- Being negative or pessimistic only seeing what is or can go wrong
- Anticipating the worst outcomes
Behavioural symptoms of stress due to hardship include:
- Changes in appetite – either not eating or eating too much
- Lack of interest in things that used to interest or uplift you
- Procrastinating and avoiding responsibilities
- Ambivalence and trouble making decisions
- Numbing out to food, drink, media, sleep, spending or drama
- Nervous behaviour, such as nail biting, fidgeting and pacing
- Going through the motions of your life lacking interest or enthusiasm
Consequences of Hardship:
A little stress every now and then is a natural consequence of life, but stress from hardship amplifies and prolongs stress making it very difficult to manage or recover from. The longer the fight or flight response is engaged to combat the ongoing hardship the more hardwired it becomes and normal actions that would typically disengage this reactive state become ineffective. This leaves you living in a constant state of heightened anxiousness, worry, stress and reactivity. And your quality of life, relationships and even health are compromised.
The body and mind are not meant to exist in the fight or flight response. The result of this is emotional, physical, mental and energetic exhaustion and if left untreated – illness.
Help is Here…
You may not know what to do or how to make it better, but you’re very sure you DO want to make it better. And I’m here to support you.
Healing After Hardship:
- Is a 4 class in-person series providing the safe space and time to heal, be supported and learn new insights, information and ways to cope with past and present hardship
- Will focus on healing on all levels; emotional, physical, mental and energetic
- Includes practical, proven, common-sense tools and guidance to help you find your way along your path out of the gray and into the day beyond difficult times and challenges to peace and healing within yourself
- Will focus on establishing emotional and energetic safety, rejuvenation and balance utilizing the Chakra energy centers
- Will include take-away tools, exercises and practices to continue, further and deepen your Healing After Hardship
Class Time and Dates are: TBA
Registration for the 4 Classes: TBA
Pre-Registration is required as class size is limited
To be notified of the next upcoming class series please email me here expressing an interest in the Healing After Hardship class.